Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Time to leave the club for a while

Time to leave the club for a while 24 Feb 2018 17:23 #20199

• mm928
Hi everyone,

I did this about a year or so ago and decided I just enjoyed my 83 928 too much, not to mention my friends and the occasional trips to SITM and Frenzy. But we are now about 4-6 weeks away from moving into our last new home. Unfortunately there is no garage room there and so I must put it up for sale. I will be in our new home in a 4-6 weeks, then try to get it listed. Right now there is a starting issue discovered at SITM and it looks like something under the hood not delivering spark. I will have someone look at it soon. I am sure it is something relatively minor.

I hope to return to the lovely land of Porsches in some way, at some time, but with something that needs less maintenance and TLC. I believe I accomplished my goal of making the best example of an 83 that I could, updating it where possible while keeping the classic look and feel.

Thanks to every one in the club and at SITM and Frenzy over the years. I will miss it all for sure. I may check in from time to time until I finally sell it

regards,
Mike
1983 928S - 16v 4.7L L-Jetronic
Dark Grey w/ Blue Leather
85/86 exhaust manifolds
Y-Pipe
SS Hi-perf Cat
S4 springs
Bilstein shocks
Air pump delete
VIN: WP0JB0926DS861180
- - Isn't Life great? - -
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: linderpat

Time to leave the club for a while 24 Feb 2018 18:16 #20200

• linderpat
  • Senior Forum Member
Heartfelt message Mike. Good luck with the sale. Wish there was a way for you to keep the car. You can still come to Frenzy and SITM and the other functions - you've earned your stripes!

Time to leave the club for a while 02 Mar 2018 17:54 #20210

• mm928
Thanks buddy, I may take you all up on that, although I may arrive in a Mustang GT or a Cayman,,, HA

I will always remember the trip from new owner to (mostly) finished product owner, all the friends along the way, and I will always be a 928 standard bearer for sure!

I will check in some as this journey winds down over the next few months. right now I am in a Marriott Residence Inn until mid-late April when we get in the new house. Until then it is garaged with a fellow Porsche enthusiast who has the space.
85/86 exhaust manifolds
Y-Pipe
SS Hi-perf Cat
S4 springs
Bilstein shocks
Air pump delete

Time to leave the club for a while 27 Mar 2018 21:50 #20275

• jej3
  • Junior Forum Member
Hey Mike -

Sorry to hear the news but do hope to see you again. You're always the friendliest face I look for at SITM and Frenzy!

My boys (Collin, Preston) and I will miss seeing you in Banner Elk. So come to SITM with or without a 928 :)

Take Care,

Trey Johnson

Time to leave the club for a while 29 Mar 2018 21:05 #20279

• mm928
Hey there Trey - indeed even watched your boys grow up ! Yes I will miss the people and fun times we all had the most. I was told to sneak in anytime at Sharks or Frenzy just to catch up,,, that will be on the menu of course - so I hope to see you all then.
thanks!
85/86 exhaust manifolds
Y-Pipe
SS Hi-perf Cat
S4 springs
Bilstein shocks
Air pump delete

Time to leave the club for a while 29 Mar 2018 21:39 #20280

• jej3
  • Junior Forum Member
Sounds like a plan, Mike. We'll see you around!
Moderators: Rich928, mm928, billvvOC
Time to create page: 1.326 seconds